||Safe digging starts when you call the Utilities Protection Center of Georgia.
Ideally, we ask that you give us about a week before you plan to dig. In that time,
we will send a locater to mark your utility lines with flags and/or paint markings.
The number to call is 1-800-282-7411. It is important that you provide the following
information when you notify us:
- Name, area code, phone number, address, city, county and nearest cross streets.
- Type of work to be done and how long it will take.
- Date and start time digging is scheduled to begin.
- If any work will be done within 10 ft. of overhead high voltage power lines.
- Contractor/contact person and phone number.
- Where on the property you want marking done.
- Specific directions to your property \96 landmarks, etc.